The Tax Authority receives various Income Tax Withholding Statements reported by Withholding Agencies each year. If information is found missing or incomplete during filing, it will be returned. To avoid reporting delay and confusion for both the Authority and Withholding Agencies, important reminders for Tax Withholders when completing various Income Withholding Statements are as follows:
* Information must be submitted using standardized format.
* Do not use carbon paper.
* Information must be printed using standardized size (do not use recycled paper).
* Information reported must be the same as the reporting year.
* Information must be written clearly.
* National Identification Number of the reporting person, amount and income category must not be blank.
Many of the recent returned cases have been due to missing National Identification Number of the taxpayer and Withholding Agency’s Tax Code Number. To avoid delays in reporting and missed deadlines caused by resubmission of returned filings, Withholding Agencies must clearly fill out and complete each section of the form before submission.